Friday, June 24, 2011

I Heart Daily Five

I've been doing the Daily 5 for two years now and just love it.  I will NEVER go back to centers and all that work!

I love the way the kids are engaged and get to choose what they want to do.  CAFE is the best part of D5.  We get to track our learning and then make goals for ourselves.  It is genius!
I know once we change to common core I will need to revamp CAFE-has anyone aligned this yet?  
I have a few Daily 5 resources on my TPT site.  


This is how my students do Work on Words.  It is available HERE



These are a few of the papers they use with the Tic Tac Toe sheets:



They are available HERE.


These are a few of the organizational tools I use:


They are available HERE.

Finally, these are the comprehension resources to go with Listen to Reading and Read to Self.  I love these the most because they are so versatile.  I make each sheet into a poster. Then,  model how to use the sheet, then kids do it with a partner and lastly, independently.  Here are a few snapshots of a couple of the resources:





You can get these HERE.


5 comments :

  1. These are great! I would love to figure out how to work Daily 5 into my classroom..maybe soon=)
    Thanks for sharing!
    Jennifer
    First Grade Blue SKiES

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! This is so what I needed! Thank you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO LOVING all of your TpT stuff...just added a bunch to my wishlist (will be buying) when hubby comes home with his ccard...LOL
    Thanks for all the creations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so I want to know HOW you start teaching the work with words section? I have had to adapt/change a bit last year when implementing daily 5...did u follow book? WOuld love to chat more about it...
    I am on Facebook- Tracy Jones Roose or email me at mommaroose@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These resources give me so many great ideas! Thank you!

    I use Daily 5 but I know nothing about the CAFE element. I might need to go read up on it!

    Allison
    A Whole Brain Teacher

    ReplyDelete

;