Home

Meet the Teacher

Shop

Meet the Teacher

I am linking up with Blog Hoppin' for Teacher Week.
Today is Meet the Teacher Day.

Tell us a little something about you....
My name is Cecelia.  I have been teaching for 17 years,1st grade for 9. I am the mother of two children, 12 and 10.  My youngest has special needs (autism).  I have been married  for 17 years.  It took us 6 years to have our first child and went through a lot of pain dealing with infertility.  I am a Christian and try my best to serve my God.

How long have you been teaching?
17 years!  I also did two years of Early Intervention in NY and NJ assessing and treating children with special needs.

You might not know...
I am a traveler.  I even traveled in Europe for 6 months from England to Israel.  I love it!
I am a former flower girl (hippie) and saw over 100 Grateful Dead concerts.  I even had dreads:)
I hated school as a child.  I always felt on the outside looking in.  After college, I was an assistant to the president of a major software firm in Boston.  Then, I wanted to be a lawyer.  Then, a psychologist.  Finally, I became a teacher.

What are you looking most forward to this school year?
I am really looking forward to getting to know my students and what makes them tick.  

What do you need to improve? 
Organization.  I am so ADD and organization is tough.

What teaching supplies can you *not* live without?
I couldn't live without all of you out there in blogland.  You inspire me so much.

Cecelia

1 comment

  1. It's awesome you were a "Deadhead". Love it! Have a great year!

    ReplyDelete