Home

Meet the Teacher

Shop

Is it really New Year's Eve?  Where did the year go????
Each New Year's Eve, I  reflect on my year, set goals for the upcoming year and thank God for my so many blessings. 

At first, I thought this was just an ordinary year. But, upon further reflection, I realize how wonderful it has been.  My children are thriving and doing better than ever.  My daughter, who I was so worried about in 2010, has found cheerleading. {She quit gymnastics after her accident and big toe amputation in 2010 and as a 12, almost 13 year old, I was concerned}  She isn't missing her "old" favorite   balance beam, but is competing in cheer and still doing gymnastics. She is on the Honor Roll.  She has nice friends, still isn't interested in boys and an all around great kid.  My son is, for the first time, mainstreamed in class, has friends, and doing fabulous. (He is autistic)  He had his first birthday party and it was a success!  We got rid of his tracking device in 2011 and he hasn't eloped once.  He seems happier than ever.  My husband was worried about losing his job in this bad economy but did not.  He is happy and a fabulous husband and father.  As for me...
I just started blogging last year and am so grateful for ALL OF YOU!  What a world has been opened for me and as a veteran teacher, I am so thankful.   As we close 2011, I reflect on all I've learned and accomplished.  I didn't know this world existed until late Dec. 2010.  To say thank you for following me, supporting my blog and inspiring me when I stalk your blogs, I have this:

      Let's Make a Snow Globe  on TPT













Thank you and have a wonderful, blessed New Year!

5 comments

  1. Happy New Year too! Love your blog and your ideas and units! Looking forward to this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, Cecelia. Wishing you and your family all the BEST for 2012!

    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! And I *love* the unit!! Thank you!!
    Jennifer
    First Grade Blue SKies

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so wonderful! Thank you! I would LOVE for you to hop on over to my blog! I have TONS of *freebies* and teach 1st grade too! I am a follower and think your blog is adorable!

    Heather
    Heather'sHeart

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather-
    I DO follow your blog and I *love* it! You have fabulous ideas!!!!
    BTW, I am with you on Colossians 3:23--I try my best to do this every single day
    Cecelia

    ReplyDelete