Home

Meet the Teacher

Shop

What We're Up To & Teacher's Notebook Sale - 2/20-2/27=20% off!

Is the long weekend over ALREADY????  How did that happen?  The good news is that tomorrow is a work day and I can do some all of the stuff that I was supposed to do this weekend. 
I am almost done with report cards and now just need to prepare conference notes so I am ready to go next Tuesday morning.  I am going to Las Vegas with my daughter this Friday morning for her cheer competition {{NATIONALS}} until Monday evening.  That means two days with kids this week and next...and writing sub plans --which I abhor.

Thought I'd share a few more ideas from last week:
Math--
What we are doing in 1st grade Everyday Math:  
The joy of name collection boxes.


Name Collection Boxes




Since we use thinking maps a lot, I showed children how Name Collection Boxes are just like a circle map.  We made this reference chart together, which kids use all of the time.  I crossed out  #12 {pictures} because they take up the entire box and 90 % of the time the kiddos miscount.





 Get your copy of this freebie on GoogleDocs.

We also are reading about Inventors for Black History Month.  Here is a picture of the sheet we are doing.   My sweeties are practicing determining importance and paraphrasing.



Here is what we are doing this week--How to Writing {which I love}
  I wrote these stories as mentor text.






Everything in my Teacher's Notebook shop is 20% off until 2/27/12.



Have a wonderful week!
Cecelia

1 comment

  1. I really like your mentor texts for the how to writing, Cecelia. Thanks!

    Barbara
    Grade ONEderful

    ReplyDelete