Home

Meet the Teacher

Shop

Sneak Peek at My Classroom {So Far} and New Units

I am finally settled back into life at home after being in NY for two weeks.  We had a blast and I wasn't ready to come home.  Why?  I knew when I returned I'd have to get ready to go back to school.  Teachers report on the 14th, children on the 20th, so I still have a week to enjoy summer.  Here are a few photos from our trip.

Grand Central

Part of my daughter's head in Washington Square Park

WTC Memorial

9-11-01 Tour

So emotional for me.  I lived in NY for over 30 years of my life...spanning when the towers went up and even when they went down.  I was teaching 1st/2nd multiage class and our entire school was rocked upside down by this event.  Even my brother was in it; and did the cleanup.  He is one of New York's Finest just like my daddy

This is at the Twin Towers Memorial.  The stripes are all of the victims names.

New tower at WTC

Nick fishing on the Jersey shore

My feet
Relaxing while Nick fishes



Me at the NYC Public Library
I use to eat lunch here every day when I worked on 44th Street {pre-teaching}


Yummy pizza in the village




Emily in Times Square


Seaside Heights

My niece, daughter and son at the Shore Store.  Luckily they weren't filming Jersey Shore this year.  Last year my daughter was so mad at me b/c they were filming and I wouldn't sign MTVs release to allow her to go in and be on the show {maybe} 



Island Beach State Park, Seaside Heights, NJ


We got back and chilled out relaxed for one day.  {I cannot write chilled out as it is way hotter in Colorado than it is in NY. It was in the 70s and 80s 12 of our 14 days.}
Then, we got back into the swing of things.  I spent 8 hours at school today trying to finish up my room.

Here are some highlights:

 

CAFE Wall


Outside my door-not done yet.  I used over 1000 staples on all those wrinkled leaves!!


Another view

I will put the children's names on monkeys and place them around and on the tree.  The heading says, "Look Who's Swinging Into First Grade"




Math Wall with duck tape borders and enlarged clip art on top.
This is one section of my math manipulatives.

Math area



Second set of manipulatives with my Fundations boards on the bottom.

The labels are made out of decorative duck tape.  I just love that stuff!




Outer wall
I am not allowed to put paper up for the background b/c of fire code

It will look great once student's work is displayed




One section of library with my gutter book shelves {also covered in duck tape}



I made this book shelf into a bench

I need to take a room view.  I promise I will **next week**.  I am not stepping foot into that room again until I HAVE to!


I completed my Chevron Word Wall product and posted it yesterday.  I have not laminated my copy yet.  Here's a picture:


It is $3.50 on TPT.   Get it here.


My Wild About Word Work Units are selling big time!  I had a request to combine them to create enough tic-tac-toe boards for the entire year.  All of the recording sheets, worksheets, and documents are included in the 100  page product and it is sold for the great value price of $16.00.  Only the add your own words version is uploaded currently.  Here's a sampling of what is included:




Get it for $16.00 on TPT.




Emily created a cute font on her ipad.  It is free on TPT.


It is called, "Magical Stripes". 
Get it here.



Since it is Sunday, I'm going to share one of my favorite Bible verses.  I got to teach it last night when I was volunteering in Children's Church.


I made this last night {when I should have been sleeping}


That's about it for today.  I am one tired, hot, sweaty girl.  Time for a shower, dinner and then bed real early.


9 comments

  1. Looks like a fantastic two weeks :) Your room is coming together nicely! Love the chevron.
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the jersey shore! I grew up there and it brings back so many great memories.

    Mrs.G's Kindergarten in Heels

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your room is looking good!!! I'm a Jersey Shore fan too:)

    Come by and check out my new Clip Art blog!!
    Tammy
    1...2...3...Teach With Me
    Dots of Fun! Clip Art

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving the chevron!! I'm glad you had a great family vacation!! :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  5. The photos of NYC are great. Looks like you had a good time. Your room looks good too.

    -Jeremy
    Mr. Michelbook's Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your room looks fab Cecelia! Your duct tape borders are awesome!
    New York looked amazing. So emotional and such history. Certainly on our bucket list! Thanks for sharing!
    -Christy & Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a blast! Thanks for the free font, I just downloaded it.
    Barbara
    happyteachingfirst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed seeing your NY pics! I love,love the Bible verse banner. I needed to be reminded of that today. Thank you for blessing me! Lauren
    Teacher Mom of 3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cecelia, I cannot believe you were in Seaside!! We live about 20 minutes from there, just south of Toms River. You and I could have had a mini-bloggers get-together! Adding to the coincidence of you coming here, back at the beginning of June my husband and I vacationed in your state - Colorado Springs and Durango.
    By the way, love the way you did the scripture verse! Thanks!
    And if you really used 1000 staples putting up those leaves, I hope you plan to leave them up forever. Literally! :)

    Linda
    Primary Inspiration

    ReplyDelete