Monday, August 20, 2012

Why am I still nervous for the first day?

Tomorrow is the first day of school; my 18th year of teaching~
Like every other year, I cannot sleep.  I always get nervous about the upcoming year and starting it off smoothly and  calm.  I hate glitches/ issues the first day of school's morning, but I believe it will all work out.
After church, my daughter and I went to school to finish setting up my classroom.  Is it done? 
Not really, but it will work for these first few days.  This is what it will look like when my firsties enter the room in nine hours:
























Not too bad, huh?  I will have to accept this and just continue to finish up decorating in my free moments...

The rocking chair was a


PAIN

in the you know what, but  it's DONE~

This is what it looked like when I got it from Goodwill:








It took me a few weeks just to get off the gold leaf paintings on this wooden rocking chair. 

But, it is finally done and right in time for school to start bright and early tomorrow morning.  And for that I am thankful.
;Have a beautiful week

Cecelia














2 comments :

  1. Hi Cecelia,
    I really like your addition doubles anchor charts. Did you make those? Are they available for sale? Thanks, Linda lott@telus.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they are available for sale. Here is the link: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Doubles-Posters

    Cecelia

    ReplyDelete

;