Monday, November 5, 2012

Lucy Calkins and New Units

I had the pleasure of seeing Lucy Calkins in Denver last Friday for her Pathways to the Common Core Conference.  She is fabulous.  I want to be just like her when I grow up
I thought you'd like to see my notes from the conference.  These are informative, but I'd really suggest going to hear her if you have the opportunity to.










I just downloaded two new products on TPT.  I have been using VOICES during Writer's Workshop on and off for 4 years now.  I have been working to add pictures to each skill so my firsties recall what each card says.  Well, I finally finished.  Here is the preview:



Get it here.

We work hard on fluency in first grade.  Once we master sight words, we begin working on sight word phrases.  I usually start this in January but every year I have a few kiddos who begin this earlier.  I've compilied all of the items I use and posted it.  Here is a preview:


Get it here.

Hope you have a fabulous week!
Cecelia



2 comments :

  1. Wow! Thank you for the notes! So informative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your notes!

    ReplyDelete

;