Home

Meet the Teacher

Shop

Where has the time gone?

I am having a year...the kind of year where I feel as if I cannot catch my breath.  The kind of year where it's go, go, go.  The kind of year where I don't feel as if I have time to even shower.

And I really don't care for it.

I'm not sure why I am even busy.  My demands have not changed much from last year.  I think I am just slower or maybe not as organized.  I think it has something to do with all of hormones in my house.

Hormones, you say?  Yes, HORMONES.

We have a 14 year old DQ {drama queen} and a 12 year old DK {drama king}.  My 14 year old has had a rough year--including her first experience with girl drama.  One minute she loves me and the next minute I don't have a clue what it is like to be a girl {really???}  and I don't care about her.  It's a laugh a minute...

Then, we have Nick, our 12 yo.  Most of you know he has autism, but what you may not know is people with autism experience hormones tenfold.  {I'd say 50fold but that would not be medically accurate}  With him, one minute
          we are using flashlights and magnifying glasses to find hairs on random parts of our body that I           will not disclose
          and the next we are punching holes in the wall, kicking mom's car and locking her out of the house, holding the door shut tight deviously laughing as it's happening.

As I said, it is a laugh a minute....

My husband, Tom, and I look at each other and sigh,

"Where are our sweet kids?  Who took them??  Have aliens taken over their bodies??  We want them BACK!!!"

I know this, too, will pass.  I remind myself that they are children of God when dealing with them but I honestly

         could do without this.

Actually, I'd prefer to do without this.  I would love to go on an extended vacation and come back when they are normal again.  If only...


School, on the other hand, is going great.  I have the sweetest, cutest, smartest bunch of firsties and things are going fabulously!  We have a lot of fun and learn so much!  I LOVE this year!

We celebrated Dr. Seuss this week.  I love to celebrate the imagination and silliness of Seuss.  Here are some snippets of our fun:


With our crazy hats eating green eggs.

With our 4th grade buddies

4th grade buddies

 Here we are using fabulous products from TPT sellers




Yummy green eggs-white chocolate pudding with green food dye, Nilla wafers and a few colorful sprinkles.  

Hope you had a great week of celebrating Dr. Seuss, too.

I am off to H-land (Hormone land) to put out a fire that just started!
And I am off!

Cecelia


1 comment

  1. Bless your heart! I really do think that kid's DNA changes when they turn into teenagers and then returns to normal around the college years. Atleast you have a good bunch of kiddos to take your mind off of the hormones for a few hours a day.

    ReplyDelete