Home

Meet the Teacher

Shop

Last Few Days of School

I survived the craziness of the last days of school and now

it is
officially
SUMMER!
I must say it is bittersweet cause I just finished teaching the sweetest, happiest, most precious group of first graders EVER and I truly will miss each and every one of them.   Each day they brought a smile to my face and made me so proud to be their teacher.
We ended the year enjoying one another and having a lot of FUN.  Serious fun.  I pop a balloon every day the final ten days.  I came up with some great ideas this year.  Like one day we brought in stuffed animals and read.  Then we celebrated our favorite author, Mo Willems.


We read The Duckling Gets a Cookie?! and made this adorable craft.


We acted out Mo's books, which was SO much fun!


Then, we made the pigeon.

We also wrote our own versions of the books.  One of my sweeties wrote 101 pages of Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Truck!  Yes, 101 pages.  
Even my reluctant writers wrote at least 20 page books.
All of this, by the way, is available in my TPT store here.

We worked hard on our memory books which turned out precious.

Best day of first grade


Mrs. Magro is loving and caring.  She brings a lot of love to my heart.
So presh!


Best things about my class
Love when he wrote, "My friends are like a family.  If they are mean I deal with it, which usually never happens".

Class photo


Look!  I take pride in my work :)


"They love me for who I am"
Makes my heart melt....

This memory book is available here.

Yesterday our balloon was popped and it was WATER DAY!  This is my {and the firsties} favorite day of all.  It was sunny and in the 90's yesterday so it was just perfect.
Here are a few snapshots of the day:






We invited our fourth grade buddies to join us at the end of the day.  They had just as much fun, if not more, than us.  They got sopping wet!


You really should try this; it is a blast.  All of the items - the crayon water shooters, fish squirt guns, water balloons and sponges were purchased at the Dollar Tree.  It was TOTALLY worth the $18.00 and I'll have the items for years to come.


On a personal note, my daughter found out she made the Senior Coed Level 5 Worlds team at cheer.  She now goes to the Cheer Central Suns and we are so proud of her.  




Way to go, Emily!!!

Well, it is time to start summer!  Yippee!!






No comments