Home

Meet the Teacher

Shop

Computer Crashed-Computer Saved!

I have been in New York for the past 2 weeks but, of course, I have been working.  I've been working very hard on my Common Core Collection - Operations and Algebraic Thinking for First Grade.  I was working on page 247 Wednesday night.
On Thursday morning, I turned on my laptop.  It started as usual but then the screen turned blue and

CRASH DUMP
then
the screen turned black and did
nothing.
Oh.my.word.
I needed to walk away and
BREATHE.
That took around 2 hours.  I am 2000 miles away from my computer guy and that is NOT good.
I called my brothers.  My youngest brother said he'd call his friend.  He called back and said to take out the battery for awhile and check online for a manual.
I prayed and prayed asking for a miracle.



Then, I took the computer apart.  I reseated the memory sticks after cleaning them. Twice.


Said another prayer...



IT WORKED!

This was definitely a miracle-the impossible happening-because I am not a computer person.at.all.
I can't even believe I even took apart my computer.  That was a first. 
Pure Joy!


Nothing was lost on my computer and I finished 2 items-a freebie:


and


302 pages jam-packed with all you need for teaching Common Core Math-Operations and Algebraic Thinking-in first grade. This product includes games, worksheets, teaching tools, answer guide and assessments for 1. O. A, 1 through 8. It could supplement your math program or stand alone as your curriculum.




















I am so thrilled about this unit! Most of the pages were field tested with my class last year.  I got rid of the ones that weren't effective and made a few new ones.  Check it out here

Have a beautiful day!



2 comments

  1. OMG thats awful! Glad it came back on! These look amazing!
    Amy Burton

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you managed to recover your computer, Cecilia. That's an awkward moment that we usually encounter and have to deal with. Sometimes, laptops black out not because of the system but of the power source. Have you noticed if the battery is hot?

    #Ruby@WilliamsDataManagement.com

    ReplyDelete