Home

Meet the Teacher

Shop

Sunday Smorgasbord

I am linking up with the fabulous Michelle from Fabulous in First for Sunday Smorgasbord.  And, boy, do I have a smorgasbord.

Our dog, Romeo had something {{no clue what}} stuck to his short hair.  Poor boy, he has so little hair as it is.  So, Romeo needed a bath.  Romeo ABHORS water.  You see, he is a Chihuahua terrier who does not appreciate water.  As a matter of fact, he hates water in any state-solid, liquid or gas.  He refuses to go out when it is raining or lightly snowing.  Silly doggie.  But, like it or not, he had to get clean.

 

I have to hold him down when bathing him.


All clean.

Do you ever think he will be like this dog who I snapped a photo of while fishing with my son?


Surfing dog -- how cool.


The highlight of the week was our Colorado TPT meet up.  What a great time! Pam mentioned it was as if we spoke like old friends.  How true!  I feel as if I've known these ladies forever.  I can't wait to meet again at the end of October!

I went back to school shopping this week.  I love this time of year!  I love the sight and even smell of new school supplies!


I found these tiny composition notebooks at Walmart - perfect for tracking ideas to write about. I got fun colored glue sticks and chevron and polka dot tape.  I also bought chevron papers and metallic markers.  Every year I buy a new set of Mr. Sketch scented markers.  My old set goes into the writing area and I keep the new set locked up.  I especially love the light green marker around cold season --clears my sinuses right up.  It is not uncommon to see me with a lime green dot on my nose!

I prettied up my Really Great Stuff shelves that I use for Work on Words papers. 
They were just boring green cardboard shelves before.
Now take a look:



I finished my writing wall, too.


My school is a little over ten years old.  The sheetrock walls have been stapled so much, they are crumbling, especially around my desk, which is the teacher table.  Here is my solution.




Just needs a black border.

My supply caddies for each table are now beautified.


I am almost done with the bulletin board outside my classroom.

First, it looked like this.


Then, I added the tree.


Last, I need to add the owls with students names on it.  Unfortunately, I won't get the names until the morning of back to school night, so it will have to wait.

Hope you enjoyed my random post.  Have a wonderful evening!







2 comments

  1. I love Mr. Sketch scented markers, too. I've been using them for many, many years and so do lots of my fellow teachers.
    Connie Anderson:)
    Welcome To First Grade Room 5

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always get a new set of Mr. Sketch scented markers every year, too! I'm also doing owls for my classroom theme this year too! So lucky that you can get into your classroom to start working now. I'm still locked out of mine. :(

    P.S. Are those supply caddies from Target? I've been trying to collect all the different colors since I like to label my table groups by color. So far I have red, blue, yellow, green. I've been searching different Targets hoping to find a purple. I've been unsuccessful so far and thought there weren't any purples but your picture (if they are from Target) gives me hope!

    P.P.S. Visit my blog! I'm hosting a giveaway! :)

    Pam
    Diary of a Second Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete