Home

Meet the Teacher

Shop

Product Swap

Recently I participated in a product swap and was lucky enough to be paired with Janet of Making Waves in Second Grade. Janet has an amazing TPT store where she has 255, yes, 255,  wonderful products, most of which are Common Core aligned.
I reviewed Janet's product called Compare and Contrast for Primary Grades.  This product is common core aligned and perfect for first or second grade.


The lesson begins with instruction and guided practice of each skill separately.


Then, there are 16 stories for independent practice. I love the variety of the stories and the quantity, too.  With my firsties, I'd probably want to use two or three for additional modeling and instruction.   Here is a sample of one passage. 




Once students have read the story, they complete the compare and contrast double bubble map.



Here is my completed  map:


You could even extend this by having students write about the map. Love this product and I cannot wait to use this in my classrrom

1 comment

  1. Looks very interesting, I like the idea ofwriting a paragraph after finishing the map. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

    ReplyDelete