Home

Meet the Teacher

Shop

Surviving the End of the Year

I wrapped up my 22nd year of teaching on Friday!  YIPPEE!!!!!!!
The children are the #1 reason I teach and summer break is the #2 reason.  Although I have ten weeks off, I changed classrooms, and will be spending a lot of time in my new room this summer. 

We did a really unique project this week that I wanted to share with you ... First Grade Superheroes!!
First, we read this book (these are just a few of the pages):

first grade superheroes; end of year activities

end of year superheroes; first grade superheroes

end of year superheroes; first grade superheroes


Next, we brainstormed a few first grade superhero qualities.  Then, we made our superhero capes. 


first grade superheroes


Students wrote positive affirmations on their classmates capes.  They did such an amazing job.  My class really loved one another and were sure to write something sweet on each of their classmates capes.

end of year superheroes; first grade superheroes



end of year superheroes; first grade superheroes


end of year superheroes; first grade superheroes



Students read what their friends had written on their superhero capes and proudly displayed them on their backs all day!


end of year superheroes; first grade superheroes


end of year superheroes; first grade superheroes


end of year activities


end of year activities


end of year activities


Aren't they precious?  I received so many compliments from other teachers and parents, that I decided to make it into a product.  You can find it here, adapted for kindergarten, first, and second grade:



https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/End-of-Year-Superheroes-A-K-2-Resource-3175812



I also made awards for students.  The students loved received awards in first grade!



awards; editable; end of year awards


awards; editable; end of year activities


end of year activities


You can find these editable awards here:


https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/End-of-Year-Awards-3167728


Here's hoping you all have a wonderful end of year experience and an even better summer!!



No comments